Insight Named to FORTUNE 100 ‘2018 Best Workplaces for Diversity’
Insight Enterprises (NASDAQ:NSIT), the global system integrator of Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ for organizations of all sizes, has been named one of the FORTUNE 100 2018 Best Workplaces for Diversity, an annual ranking by FORTUNE and Great Place to Work of companies with the very best workplace experiences according to the diverse employees who work there.
To determine the list, Great Place to Work analyzed the experiences of women, people of color, LGBTQ people, employees who are Boomers or older, and people who have disabilities, comparing their survey results to their colleagues’ at the same organizations. All told, these anonymous survey responses on more than 60 survey questions reflecting day-to-day workplace treatment represented more than 4.4 million employees’ work lives. Insight took the No. 90 spot on the list.
“At Insight, we welcome all points of view as we work towards a common goal of making transformation happen for our clients,” said Ken Lamneck, Insight president and CEO. “We think of diversity in terms of our core values of Hunger, Heart and Harmony. This is best expressed through the harmony of our more than 6,600 teammates worldwide who collaboratively draw on different backgrounds and unique personal strengths to deliver meaningful solutions. Everyone here has a voice to help us push the bounds of creativity and innovation.”
Insight, a 2018 Great Place to Work-Certified™ company, actively pursues diversity as an equal-opportunity employer. Here are a few examples of the company’s commitment to a harmonious workplace:
- Insight this year joined the UN Global Compact and Responsible Business Alliance, pledging its commitment to human rights, fair treatment of workers, and ethical business practices.
- Established in 2018 new hiring practices with a goal of 50 percent diverse candidates represented in final applicant pools for each opening.
- In a survey by Great Places to Work of more than 1,300 Insight teammates, 95% took great pride in their work; 95% also said the company had a great atmosphere; while 84% believe teammates are treated fairly regardless of race, gender, age, ethnic background, disability or sexual orientation.
- In a company Teammate Pulse Survey conducted in August, Insight’s highest score was for diversity, as teammates were asked if they felt the company treated people fairly regardless of race, gender, age, ethnic background, disability, sexual orientation or other differences.
- Insight’s Global Human Rights Policy explicitly states the company’s commitment to advancing diversity and its intolerance of discrimination and harassment.
“The 2018 Best Workplaces for Diversity are at the forefront of creating workplaces that are better for business and better for their people,” said Michael C. Bush, CEO of Great Place to Work. “These workplaces not only pay attention to how diverse their workforce and management teams are, but close critical gaps in how all their people are treated and developed day-to-day.”
The Best Workplaces for Diversity list is one of a series of rankings by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE based on anonymous employee feedback from Great Place to Work-Certified™ organizations with at least 50 employees and survey results of at least a 95 percent confidence level.
“Our teams are more effective solving complex issues for our clients when they have varied cultural experiences, broader skillsets and perspectives,” said Steve Dodenhoff, president, Insight North America. “A collaborative workplace not only creates the sense of harmony we strongly believe in, it better equips us to manage our clients’ business today and help them transform for the future.”
Today, every business is a technology business. Insight Enterprises Inc. empowers organizations of all sizes with Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ and services to maximize the business value of IT. As a Fortune 500-ranked global provider of Digital Innovation, Cloud + Data Center Transformation, Connected Workforce, and Supply Chain Optimization solutions and services, we help clients successfully manage their IT today while transforming for tomorrow. From IT strategy and design to implementation and management, our 6,600+ employees help clients innovate and optimize their operations to run business smarter. Discover more at www.insight.com. NSIT-M